Class 6 – Toxic And Infectious Substances
Class 6 is divided into two divisions as follows:
Division 6.1 Toxic Substances
These are substances liable either to cause death or serious injury or to harm human health if swallowed or inhaled or by skin contact;
Division 6.2 Infectious Substances
These are substances known or reasonably expected to contain pathogens. Pathogens are defined as micro-organisms (including bacteria, viruses, rickettsiae, parasites, fungi) and other agents such as prions, which can cause disease in humans or animals.
These substances are identified by the Division 6.1 label or Class 6.2 labeland the Class 6.1 or Class 6.2 designation in any Safety Data Sheet.
Division 6.1 Toxic Substance
Division 6.2 Infectious Substance
- Local Regulations
- ADG Code or IMDG Code or IATA.
- AS NZS 4452, The storage and handling of toxic substances
- AS/NZS 3816, Management of clinical and related wastes.
- HB 202, A management system for clinical and related wastes – Guide to the application of AS/NZS 3816-1998, Management of clinical and related wastes.
- Purchase the Australian Standards
- Safety Data Sheets