Recognition, resources and contacts for your business
AIDGC is a professional body that exists for the benefit of the industry. All members of the AIDGC have to be appropriately qualified and experienced with dangerous goods, undertake ongoing professional development and adhere to a strict code of ethical behaviour.
Benefits of membership
Membership benefits vary depending on the level of membership.
As an AIDGC member you enjoy many benefits including industry contacts, professional recognition, quarterly newsletters, seminars, an annual conference, technical presentations, listing on our website, access to mentoring and more. WorkSafe NSW has also confirmed their acceptance of AIDGC members to stamp plans of dangerous goods facilities.
We have a range of different membership options to help you grow your business and knowledge:
Consulting members provide dangerous goods storage and handling advice across the various classes of dangerous goods and chemicals. View full list of Consulting Members.
Associate members have a demonstrated interest in dangerous goods and may offer related services. They enjoy access to member benefits. View a full list of Associate Members.
- Current ‘Member Level membership of the AIDGC; or In exceptional circumstances only, individuals may be nominated through the Board of Directors;
- Significant individual responsibility and exceptional contribution to the dangerous goods consultancy field over an extended period of time, not normally less than 15 years;
- Two referees currently holding an AIDGC Fellow grade of membership or allied industry Fellow grade (e.g. FIFireE, FIChemE, FIE, etc) (Also see Item 1)
- A valuable contribution to your industry and may include training or mentoring AIDGC associates, or non-AIDGC individuals , attendance at professional meetings, regional activities, work on committees, research, etc.
Corporate members are organisations aligned with the dangerous goods industry such that they can form a mutually beneficial business partnership with our members. View a full list of Corporate Members.
Benefits to Corporate Members include:
- Editorial of maximum 250 words in AIDGC Newsletter
- Organisation name and contact telephone number listed in each edition of the AIDGC Newsletter.
- Two nominated employees entitled to attend AIDGC Annual Conference free of charge – additional employees at normal rates.
- Two nominated employees to attend seminars and site visits free of charge
- Two nominated employees to receive Newsletter, ‘What’s Happening’ each month
- Hyperlink from AIDGC Website to your website
- Preferred Supplier’ listing on AIDGC Website
- Discounted advertising in AIDGC Newsletter
- AIDGC presentation plaque for display at your premises
Review the membership types and register to become a member.